Discover a wealth of osteopathic wisdom at our libraries!
You can access a vast collection of books and journals and other resources, carefully selected to enhance your osteopathic learning.
|BCOM Library Opening Times
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30 - 18:00Thursdays 9:30 - 20:00
|ESO Library Opening Times
Boxley House Library - Monday to Friday 08:00 – 12:00 | 13:00 – 16:00
ESO Clinic Library - Monday to Friday 09:00 - 13:00
BCOM Learning Resources
The Library at BCOM, which is located on the first floor of historic Frazer House, promotes BCOM's teaching curriculum and research areas and aims to assist student achievement and success by providing an accessible and supportive learning environment.
• More than 4,500 books on a wide range of medical and health sciences topics, such as anatomy, physiology, osteopathy, manual therapies, differential diagnosis, sports science, nutrition, statistics and ethics.
• A Reference Collection of specialised, up-to-date texts for use within the library space.
BCOM Library is open to students and staff from osteopathic teaching institutions and BCOM alumni.
Please contact the library at least 24 hours in advance of your proposed visit so that library staff can authorise visitor access.
BCOM Library benefits from our partnership with the University of Plymouth which provides access to their extensive electronic library, including current peer-reviewed journals, e-books, searchable medical databases and 3D Anatomy TV.
We also have:
- A Journal Collection, including specialist osteopathic journals such as The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association and International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine
- Undergraduate and postgraduate research project and dissertation archive
- A historical Collection of books related to osteopathy and its history
- Anatomical models and other specialised visual learning aids, such as muscoskeletal flashcards and osteopathic technique DVDs
- Rapid access to inter-library loan articles through collaboration with other osteopathic and health sector libraries in London
- Essential library skills support (e.g., referencing, effective database searching) and study skills support (e.g., essay writing) provided individually or in a small group setting
- Secure study space for individual and group work
- Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities
- Out of hours drop-box for library book return
The BCOM Library Catalogue
We have a variety of resources including, models, journals and books available at the BCOM Library. It is an ideal setting to study in and has other facilities such as photocopying, scanning and printing.
Please click on the link below to access the BCOM Library catalogue.
If you would like further information regarding the library at BCOM, please contact Library Staff on +44(0)20 7443 9910 or email email@example.com
ESO Learning Resources
The ESO Library and Information Services, at both ESO sites (Boxley House and the Clinic, Tonbridge Road), is the student’s information hub with a wide range of information resources to support the School’s curriculum including:
- More than 7,500 texts including books on a wide range of medical and health sciences topics, osteopathy and its history, statistics, ethics, differential diagnosis and other manual therapies, undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and dissertations
- A collection of mainly peer-reviewed journals in the field of osteopathy and manual therapy (students also have access to online journal articles in Science Direct and other additional digital databases through our partner universities)
- Educational DVDs and a large video collection of in-house lectures and tutorials, that have been digitised and accessible via our Virtual Learning Environment
- More than 200 anatomical models
- Study spaces, and laptops available for students to utilise whilst in the Library
- Photocopying, printing and scanning facilities
The ESO Library also has:
- Access and support with the BCNO Group’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) – the Learning Zone
- Links with other osteopathic and health sector libraries enabling rapid document supply and inter-library loans of items not held at ESO
- Assistance with obtaining SCONUL cards for study access to 173 academic libraries right across the UK
- IT support with ESO online 365 accounts, including Microsoft Teams, Padlet, Analyse IT and other applications.
- Drop-in sessions for Library research skills
- Video Room for capturing recorded assessments and online lectures
- Out-of-hours book return boxes
The ESO Library Catalogue
The Clinic Library at ESO’s Maidstone clinic has been substantially renovated and restocked and opened in July 2020. Resources available at the Clinic Library include books, journals and models alongside access to the same online resources as at Boxley House, as well as a study space and photocopying, printing and scanning facilities.
Books and documents can be borrowed from and returned to either site. Weekly shuttles operating between the two sites allow for items unavailable at one can be requested from the other site and will be available within 48 hours. Both libraries are staffed. Please click on the button below to access the ESO Library catalogue.
If you would like more information regarding the ESO library, please contact the Library staff on 01622 760818 or firstname.lastname@example.org